CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa is the Latin phrase meaning "blank slate". It comes from the theory that humans are born as basically nothing and, as we develope, we learn from experiences and basically create ourselves.

I think that life is like a never-ending math problem that I've been working on my slate. I've been working on this same equasion for 16 and a half years only to get to the point that I realize I'm using the wrong formula. As frustrating as it may be, the only thing I can do is wipe my slate clean, and start over again.

I didn't realize it, but I've been away for a while. I've been lacking inspiration, and searching for it in all the wrong places. Hopefully, I'm back here to stay for a while. Although, I'm not entirely sure where "here" is. But now that I look back on my little escapade, the one thing I have realized is that what you want isn't always what you need and what you need isn't always what you want. So with that in mind, I'm starting fresh with a blank slate. Tabula Rasa.

~*Elizabeth

0 comments: