CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Blog in the Round: People That Annoy Me

Here is a list of people that annoy me and why. Some are specific while others are very generic.

  • Preachers that yell: If going to church and getting yelled at is your kind of thing, then that's fine with me. Personally, I think that yelling is what you do with your family so it is not very enjoyable to go to a church where a preacher screams at the top of his lungs.
  • Teachers that think their class is the only important one: I hate it when teachers think that whatever class they teach is the most important class you will ever take in your life. Therefore, they expect you to put all your time and effort into all of their assignments; forgetting (or maybe just ignoring the fact) that we have 5 others classes to deal with.
  • Rosie O'Donnell: Rosie is annoying because Rosie scares me.
  • Politicians: Politicians annoy me because they have a tendency to change their "beliefs" according to what the general public wants to hear. Most Politicians are very inconsistent with what they say.
  • Jef Park: For the few people reading this that actually know who this is, I think it is pretty self-explanatory. Although Jef(yes, it is spelled with one f) and I get along much better than we used to, he is still way too loud and obnoxious for me to be around for more than a short period of time.
  • People who don't know how to shut up: I already wrote a whole blog about this, so I don't think there is a need to say anything else.
  • Ryan when he won't just give up an argument: My dear brother Ryan always has to have the last word in every single conversation. In every single debate he has been in, Ryan has ALWAYS had the last word. Even if the conversation has come to an end, Ryan must jump in with his last input. My father has a tendency to do this sometimes too, but I'm not gonna talk about that because I don't feel like getting in trouble.
  • People who stereotype things: Being homeschooled for however many years I have been now, I think I would know a lot about stereotyping. Because of course we all know that homeschoolers are dorky kids who wear glasses and braces, don't have a life, read Shakespeare all day long, and always have a sinus infection. We don't know what grade we are in and we cringe when people say words like stupid and fart. Our hobby is planting tomato seeds, and our best friends are our stuff animals. I'm just naming this stereotype because I am very familiar with it, but there are also many more.
  • People who actually are the stereotypical homeschooler: Seriously, how hard is it to keep up with what grade your in? I'm counting down the days until graduation(which is still 2 years away), and all you know is that your somewhere between 8th and 11th grade. So please just put down your kazoo, pick up a calendar, and figure out that we're not in 1872 anymore. You give us all a bad name!!!
  • People that never admit when they are wrong: My brother Ryan is once again a perfect example of this. Everyone knows that humans make mistakes, so how hard is it to admit when you have??
  • People who cut in line: By cutting in line, you are basically saying "I am better than you so I do not deserve to wait like everyone else does". Once I accidently broke in line, and after I realized it I felt horrible! Do you line breaking people not have a conscience or something?
  • People like my wonderful sister who don't know how to show anyone respect: I believe that everyone deserves respect no matter how annoying I may think they are. Laura, on the other hand, apparently only cares about herself and it doesnt really matter to her how she makes other people feel.
  • Danielle Goodwin: Enough said.

~*Elizabeth

11 comments:

Matt Benton said...

Forgive me for stereotyping, but I thought that homeschoolers didn't have "teachers" and "classes". If that is true then how can teachers who think their class is the only important one annoy you so much?

Or am I just plain wrong?

Mary said...

i love how in one comment someone just mentioned ANOTHER well known stereotype with us, while trying to prove the other one wrong...

:]

and you totally just gave like a million flashbacks over the last nearly 18 years with the comments about ryan and laura...
haha!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, you talked so much crap on your siblings just now.

and danielle.

but, well, she deserves it.

Jerry said...

Elizabeth -

I'm with you on the shouting preachers. But "yelling is what you do with your family." WHO IN OUR FAMILY EVER YELLS ELIZABETH.....WHO....WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT PLEASE!!!!

Yes, other teachers who think their class is as important as mine do annoy me.

Jef...and....People who don't know how to shut up....isn't that getting redundant.

Ryan not giving up an argument - yes he is the champ at that (have no idea where he got it from) - but we all do this when we think we are right. I don't know how many times I have had an argument with a certain person who shall remain unnamed where I say something, then she says something back, then me, then she, then this goes on and on BOTH ways for a long time till finally she says "why are you going on and on about this? Stop going on and on - just leave it alone!" Excuse me....Wasn't this a two way going on and on? See, she may clearly see me going on and on, while not seeing she is at the exact same time doing the exact same thing. You see Ryan doing this and maybe don't see that sometimes you......

People who never admit they are wrong - again, I agree your bro may take the trophy on this one, but we are all guilty of it from time to time.

Danielle Goodwin - anyone, ANYONE who makes fun of old people because of their wrinkles..sheesh

Anonymous said...

I KNEW THAT WAS COMING I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT.
Danielle Goodwin: Enough said.

This coming from a girl who told me she couldn't be my best friend anymore because God told her so.

Jerry Hampton-Because he twists peoples words around. "Anyone who makes fun of old people because of their wrinkles." Um...I believe that your father in law called me fat. Am I wrong?

And the whole paragraph about homeschoolers and the sinus infection thing almost made me pee on myself

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Elizabeth, I think that blog was just exquisite dear sister. You are a very gifted writer. I think that you might have over exaggerated on the part about myself.

Is that respecful enough for ya???

So anyway i give people respect, only if they deserve it. I give people what they desereve it doesn't mean i'm selfish. I care about people other than myself. I do plenty of things for people maybe not as much as i should cause i'm not perfect. Nobody is perfect. And alot of times i'll say one little thing that not a big deal AT ALL and i'll just be joking then next thing i know EVERYBODY is yelling at me. And then that gets me in a bad mood then everyone gets mad at me even more and is like "why are you in such a bad mood" and i'm like gee i wonder then everyone gets even more mad.
I dont thing your completely wrong about me, i'll admit that i just think you way over exaggerated it.

*~Laura

Anonymous said...

Laura you should definitely get mad about this.

Matt Benton said...

Isn't it true that homeschoolers work for like 2 hours a day and then watch Spongebob Squarepants for the rest of their time?

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure some do...but that would fall into the stereotypical homeschooler category.

And to answer your first question, yes I do have teachers/classes. There are a lot of places that you can go and take classes that you need. A lot of highschoolers do this because, believe it or not, very few homeschool moms have a degree in teaching. So its hard to teach highschool level stuff that they probably barely remember from when they were in highschool.

But yeah...I get that question a lot so don't feel bad. lol

Maybe I should just write a whole blog about homeschooling for all you people who don't understand. haha just kidding.

Danielle, I'm sorry I made you pee in your pants.

Laura, no need to get offended. I said more things about Ryan.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you apologized about THAT. After you said I ANNOY you. Puff.

Anonymous said...

i know elizabeth, it was kinda funny when you read it to me cause you kept on saying all these things about ryan and i was like the one of the last things. Then when you got done reading it you were like "i said alot of things about ryan and other people so i was like, i have to think of something to say about Laura, so i just thought of that." I'm not offended i just think that you over exaggerated it.