CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Blog in the Round: Would I Rather Marry the Ice Cream Man Or the Garbage Man?



What an interesting topic.

I think that if you asked the average person if they would rather marry the ice cream man or the garbage man they would say, "Duh. The ice cream man. You get free ice cream!". Well, if that was really true then that would be awesome. The problem is, its not.

Actually, the ice cream man scares me a lot. At least the only ones I've ever seen have. I think that the requirements for getting that job is to be mean scary looking ghetto man, and know how to rob little kids of their money. I think that these kind of people should be put in jail.

Ice Cream men used to be nice. When I was younger there was a really nice man who used to come every day and even if we were missing a quarter, he would still give us the Popsicle we wanted. Once this guy came in a van. He was selling Popsicles really cheap so I bought like 5 of them. A few years later I started thinking about it and I'm pretty sure that his business was illegal and I'm actually surprised that we didn't die from any kind of poisoning he put in the Popsicles.

Garbage Men, on the other hand, stink. They have been around garbage so much that they can probably never get rid of that smell no matter how many times they shower. However, they always seem to be nice. Whenever the garbage man would pick up our trash, I would wave at him(although, I'm not sure why) and he would always smile and wave back. Unlike the ice cream man, he always seemed very friendly.

If it wasn't for the fact that there is smelly garbage involved, I think I would want to be a garbage woman myself. I mean, who wouldn't want to ride on the back of a truck? Sounds like fun if you ask me.

So I guess the only set back on a garbage man is the fact that he stinks all the time. And most likely he's a redneck. But I'm sure the ice cream man smells like cigarette smoke, so it doesn't really make a difference. So I think that my final answer is that I would rather marry the garbage man then the ice cream man, because honestly I would rather be married to a smelly red neck than a man who smokes weed and tries to steal my quarters.

~*Elizabeth

10 comments:

Matt Benton said...

Garbage men cuss a lot.

This is a stupid topic. You did a good job with it, but it's a dumb topic.

Anonymous said...

who gave her this topic?

once, i had an ice cream man in five points ask me if i could finish selling the rest of his crack for him. he said he'd be back in an hour to get the money. and he was serious. so obviously i did it. ok, i didn't do it, but i agree, ice cream men are quite iffy...

Anonymous said...

Stephanie.

You tell the weirdest stories

Elizabeth said...

Danielle gave me this wonderful topic.
And Stephanie, that is exactly why i dont want to marry an ice cream man.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Very strange topic. But umm you know how you said that thing about the nice ice cream man who would let us have what we wanted even if we didn't have enough money?? well that was the only good thing about him. He was pure evil. i still have nightmares about him. And you said that thing about the dude in the van a few years ago well that was last summer. But i agree with you, i love garbage men. lol They always wave and smile at me. But actually there were a few nice ice cream men, cause i remember they would always hum the jepordy song thing when it would take me a long time.

Matt Benton said...

I'm telling you, I used to have to go to the same dump that the garbage men go to everyday. And really, they are friendly and all, but I heard things I would not dare utter in front of anybody else.

Elizabeth said...

Matt, I dont know why but it cracked me up when you said "I heard things I would not dare utter in front of anybody else."

Mary said...

garbage man.
definately.

but, if I got to be a garbagewoman...
i would make a few changes...

i would take the two extra seconds to make sure the person's stupid garbage can is IN their yard and STANDING...

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha Mary

Anonymous said...

ooh, that's a good idea. if i was an ice cream man i'd ask teenagers to sell my crack for me! oh wait, that wouldn't be a change...