CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Blog in the Round: Justin or Lee

I was recently asked a very strange, awkward, and highly complicated question. If you know Justin or Lee, then you know what I'm talking about. The question was this: If I had to be either Justin Gilbert or Lee George, who would I choose.( Thank you Danielle for slightly altering my topic. The original was for me to choose who I would rather marry) So to make my decision I decided to think about what I knew of the two guys and decide which I would rather be; even though I was already pretty sure of my decision. I will begin with Justin.

Justin: Oh Lordy, Justin. Where do I begin? Well I think I should start off by saying he is one of the loudest people I have ever met. About a week ago I was standing in line at the Skillet concert waiting to get my tickets when I heard a very familiar yelling sound way off in the distance. I knew immediately who it was and when I turned around I saw Justin yelling at someone standing 5 feet away from him. If you haven't figured it out already, his loudness leads to his obnoxiousness. Umm...he tries to play the guitar...also very loudly. That gets kinda annoying too. I think he dated Leanne, although few guys haven't. I think there is probably more to Justin than meets the eye, but I don't know him personally so its hard for me to really say exactly what that is. But I guess with his guitar playing he has gotten better in the past few weeks. I remember how horrible it sounded the first time he tried to play a song, and now when he plays I can actually tell what song it is that he is playing. So I guess that shows that he's a hard worker and if he puts his mind to something then he can do it. He's still not great, but defiantly better than he used to be.

Lee: Lee is the hairiest man I know. If you ever meet Lee then I can bet you money that the first thing he will say to you is "How old do you think I am?". This is because Lee does look much older than he actually is, and I think he's been told this many times. I remember when I first met him he was only about 13 and I thought he was like 18. Lee is the kind of guy you have to love, and his presence brings a smile to your face. Sometimes I feel bad for Lee though. I remember this one time he came up to me and Danielle almost in tears because he said people were making fun of him. Lee is the kind of guy who gets made fun of a lot. He lost his mom a couple of years ago, and he told me that the kids at school said that he can just go cry to his mamma's grave. I don't really see how anyone could have the heart to say something like that to him. But Lee has never hurt anyone; or if he has it was only an accident.(For he is a rather large man) A couple of months ago I read John Steinbeck's book Of Mice and Men, and came to the conclusion that the character Lennie reminds me a lot of Lee. If you haven't read the book then you should read it, and I'm pretty sure you will agree with me. He gets excited very easily, and that is something I can admire in Lee. After all he has been through, he still gets excited about life and excited for Jesus. To nobodies surprise, Lee raised the most money for the 30 hour famine. This is because he's the kind of guy who can talk to complete strangers about God and never feel ashamed or embarrassed.

So in case you haven't already figured out my answer, which I'm sure you have, then it is that I think I would rather be Lee. Even though Lee is a goofy kid who gets made fun of a lot, he's the kind of guy who you have to be a complete jerk not to love. He stands out and is unforgettable. He will shake a man's hand 30 times in a 2 minute period. He's probably a really good defensive lineman. He gives big sweaty hugs. He loves Jesus. He always brings a smile to my face. No matter who you are, he will never be embarrassed to talk to you in public. If he gets made fun of a lot, then I think in the end he is persecuted for righteousness sake.

2 comments:

Matt Benton said...

I just want to go ahead and say that I've never dated Leanne. I just wanted to put that out there.

I think both of these guys are pretty cool, even Justin. You have to get to know him to figure that out because on the surface he can be obnoxious and irritating. Underneath, he can still be a little obnoxious and irritating but also he can be a good hearted person.

Lee is Lee. What can you say? People need to lay off of him. He's way too good of a person and I would say that if you have to make fun of Lee to feel good about yourself, then you suck.

Anyways, now that I've written my own version of your blog I think I'll shut up now. But good job and I loved the Steinbeck reference.

Anonymous said...

I've never dated Leanna either.

Sorry, but I do not think Justin is cool.

Lee is probably my favorite person in the entire world besides you.

I've never read that book sorry.